Wednesday 27 July 2016

5 summer wardrobe staples

Hello my lovelies it feels like forever since I've sat down and wrote, but with work being super busy and being poorly it just hasn't left much time for it. But i'm back and today i want to share with you my 5 summer wardrobe staples that we all need in our lives this summer. typical that as i'm writing this its raining but hey its England what more can you expect apart from the four seasons all in one day. 

My first summer staple is anything bardot or off the shoulder. These are literally everywhere at the moment and personally i love the trend. I think its super flattering and on most body types too. I have a couple in my wardrobe already but i don't think that will stop me from buying more. Zara have had some beautiful bardot pieces in this summer so that is always a good place to start. I also picked up a couple from H&M. Both shops are really affordable, perfect for this kind of trend when your unsure of how long it may be on the catwalk.



Both bardot tops - H&M , Gold Choker- Riverisland , Initial Necklace - Monica Vinader



Secondly a pair of espadrilles. They are really comfy, and go with so many different outfits. I would love to own a pair of Chanel espadrilles, but for now the likes of Asos and kurt Geiger will do me just fine. Platform espadrilles are also really popular this summer and they look lovely with a little white dress for a super summery outfit and still a little bit of height. 



Beach Bum Espadrilles - Asos , Lace up espadrilles - Kurt Geiger

A summer bomber jacket is also perfect for those not so summery summer days like today. There are a lot of lightweight and printed bomber jackets on the market, and you can get them for a great price too. I found mine on Asos but its by boohoo and it was only £20. They can make a dress look a little more dressed down and casual and also look great with just a pair of jeans and a plain t'shirt. Effortlessly cool and understated. 





Bomber - Boohoo

My last two summer staples are in the accessories department. First being a simple choker. There are so many types and so many designs on the market at the moment, i really feel like whatever your style you can find one to suit yours. I personally am a fan of the slightly more delicate and thinner chokers. However with a very simple outfit the thicker bands can look so stylish and chic, one of my favourite style icons, @barbarapbabe does this so well so definitely check her Instagram out. 


Simple Choker - Asos

Last but not least is a western style buckle belt. I love this style and they look great paired with jeans and shirts or even a dress to make it a little more casual. I really like the double buckle belts that are floating around at the moment and am currently on the hunt for one. I love this style of buckle and i think it will be great for all year round definitely getting into winter with boots and jumpers. 


Western Belt - Topshop


So there you have it. My 5 summer staples that will really give your wardrobe that little update to keep it on trend. Let me know what your favourite summer trends have been this year so far. Hope you enjoyed reading this.

Thanks for reading my lovelies. x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig