Thursday 18 May 2017

Amy Rowley Style - Fenwick Colchester, Meet The Designers Event

I was very happy to see a message in my inbox inviting me to a Meet The Designers event at Fenwick Colchester. Having been part of the accessories team for just over a year myself, it felt fantastic to be going back into the store as a blogger and having the chance to write exciting things about all of my favourite brands. Already a big jewellery junkie I know a lot of the brands in Fenwick Colchester inside out. They have a beautiful selection of designers showcasing some incredible pieces, there truly is something for everybody. 



So, on Saturday I head over to Fenwick to see what they had going on in store. I was lucky enough to see some of the brands in action and new ones too, perfect for someone like me who is always on the hunt for something different. 

First things first we kicked off the trip with a glass of bubbly (of course) and a talk with one of my favourite Fenwick ladies, Laura, the jewellery buyer. Laura does a fantastic job along with Julie another Accessories buyer, to find the latest brands, designs and fashion trends, so that they can inject it into the store. Since the refurbishment which was finished late last year, Fenwick Colchester has been the talk of the town and I can see why. They have tried to make it more trend based, so when you walk in it's almost as if you were in a flagship London store. 

After catching up I went round to see some of the displays that were going on in the department. A lovely lady from the wonderful Alex Monroe ( a firm favourite of mine) was displaying some of the intricate techniques they use on the handcrafted jewellery. All of Alex Monroe's collection holds incredible detail and is made here in the UK. Without a doubt he is most famous for the Bee necklace, but more recently they worked on a Beauty and The Beast collection which was simply stunning. 



 * Alex's sketchbooks showcasing the original designs for his jewellery pieces *

I then spoke to Georgiana from the jewellery brand Georgiana Scott, about their wonderful hoop station. Now, I never used to be a lover of hoops but late last year I got the urge tot try them and i've never felt so sassy. They have a wonderful range of hoops, Sterling silver, gold or rose gold plated. Perfect if you want a nice pair but don't want to pay the earth for them as their starting point is great value. 

I then spoke to another lovely lady who worked for Lisa Angel, this is a relatively new brand for Fenwick Colchester and the perfect brand if you're looking for a gift. They have a range of engravable necklaces, bracelets and key-rings, all around the £20 mark! They are silver or gold plated so a good quality piece too.

 I was lucky enough to receive a rose gold bar necklace, which the lady kindly engraved my name into! Fenwick also offer a complimentary engraving service on lots of products not just the Lisa Angel range. Perfect for a birthday/Christmas present or even something just that little bit more sentimental, after all personalized products are so on trend at the moment.




Last but not least I was lucky enough to meet Rosie Fortescue, who has recently launched her collection in the Fenwick store. She was lovely and just as beautiful as she is in pictures. I spoke to her about her range and she explained that her jewellery was an extension of all her favourite pieces and designs. We talked about her passion to inject colour and brightly coloured stones into her collection. The range itself, is beautiful with a mixture of designs ranging from more delicate pieces to the bolder earrings and even the incredibly cool hand cuff. 





Kindly, I was gifted a piece from the range. I chose a delicate choker or shorter chained rose gold necklace with pink stones. It works as the perfect layering piece or well on its own with a low neckline to compliment it's design. You will see this styled very soon on the blog and over on my Instagram (@amyrowleyy).

I had a lovely afternoon at the Fenwick Colchester store and will definitely be popping in for my jewellery updates soon. Alongside the incredible jewellery brands that I've already mentioned, they stock Chlobo, Links of London, Olivia Burton and Astley Clarke, to name a few. 





If you would like to pop in and check out their current stock, they are running an exclusive event on today and they are open till 9pm. Receive 20% off most brands across the store and treat yourself. (terms and conditions apply) 

A big thank you to Fenwick for inviting me along, I hope you enjoyed this post, I definitely enjoyed writing it! 

Thanks for reading my lovelies x 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am gutted GUTTED I wasn't invited to this!!!! Anything MIC and I am on it like a car bonnet, remember me next time Amy I promise I am a cheap date lol :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! If ever anything comes up jewellery related, you can be my date! xx

      Delete

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig