Friday 1 July 2016

June favourites

Let's start off by saying June has been a great month for me. Super jam packed and that's just how I like it. I've decided to do a monthly post broken down into categories talking all about my favourites in the previous month. This way i can look back on memories or at things I have forgotten that I loved and you can always take a look and take inspiration or spark your memory too. The categories are going to be; Style, beauty, food and experiences. So let's get started. 

Style- without a doubt one of my key pieces and favourite items in my wardrobe this month has definitely been the pleated Riverisland dress. It's a beautiful dusky rose colour, midi length, pleated detail and a waistband to pull it in. I wore it on holiday and I absolutely fell in love. It's perfect for day or night and I have a style post on this coming up so keep your eyes peeled for that. 


* Dress - Riverisland *

Next up are my Vince Camuto sandals. They go with absolutely everything and are so incredibly comfy. I have worn them to work several times now and had so many compliments too. This particular pair remind me so much of the Isabel Marant sandals but at a fraction of the price. I bought mine from Kurt Geiger in the sale and I believe they are still online so I will link them below for you. 


* Sandals - Kurt Geiger *

Beauty- next up is my beauty favourites and I think it's important I give a shoutout to my new hair. I am absolutely loving my new balayage and shorter length and the girls at Regis Colchester did such a great job. I can't wait to go back again and maybe go even lighter next time. 
My next beauty favourite has to be my new Mac lipstick, creme in your coffee. It's the perfect shade and formula and I love wearing it on a daily basis. I'm so happy I purchased it. If you want to read more on some of my favourite Mac lipsticks click on this link to read a blogpost all about them.




Food - I don't know about you but I have a really addictive personality when it comes to food. I go through stages of being obsessed with things and having them on a daily basis, then I normally over do it and after a while go on to something else. I hope I don't sound like a crazy person and I am not the only one *laughs*. 
This month I have absolutely been loving rhubarb yoghurt with mixed berries. It is absolutely delicious. I normally get the activia rhubarb yogurt and mix it with raspberries and blueberries. Perfect for mornings at work or after dinner for a slightly healthier desert option.

My obsession for maltesers this month has hit an all time high. They sell them at work and I have to stop myself buying a packet daily. I don't know anyone apart from my boyfriend that dislikes them, but that pleases me even more as it means I don't have to share. Even better the new maltesers advert is hilarious if you haven't seen it check it out.



Experiences- last but not least is the experience section to this post. Now this can be anything from a day out or a trip or even something like a new hobby or a class I'm doing. 
This month I have three favourites in this category. The first being my holiday to Portugal, it was lovely to get away and to see some different surroundings and sun for a couple of days, I will link my two blog posts with lots more detail and pictures below, if you want to have a little nosey. 

* Holiday blog posts - Part 1 - Part 2 *

My second was a day out to Alton waters with a good friend. It was a pretty random day, super sunny and warm which is rare for us in England. We went to a place near Dedham called Alton waters it consists of miles and miles of land and forest and a huge lake with the options of all the water activities you can think of. We decided to hire bikes and we went on a 7 mile bike ride round the entire thing. It was so much fun and we had so many laughs while doing it. Plus it was great exercise too, working off all that munching on maltesers. We finished the day off with a pub roast at a local pub in Flatford Mill a village near by. It was by far one of my favourite days not only in this month but this year too. 


* Alton waters *

Last but not least and I am clapping to those of you that have made it this far down, but starting my blog was definitely one of my favourites. It's sparked my passions for fashion and beauty. It's given me a new hobby and something to do and be proud of. Plus it's great for my friends and relatives to keep up with what's going on with me and my life when I don't get to see them that much any more. For any of you wanting to do it and not sure, please just go for it. I have stopped and started and wanted to do it for years, and I'm so glad that I've finally taken the plunge. 



Hope you enjoyed this new post and I would love to know your favourites of the month so if you have any please comment below. Tune in on Sunday for a new style post if you would like to see that!

Thanks for reading my lovelies x 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig