Monday 19 September 2016

A summer to autumn little black dress

So i decided i wanted to make a Missguided order. I very rarely shop on Missguided, for several reasons. The first i am never sure on the quality of the products as it can be very unreliable, and also i find that things tend to look lovely on the models on the website but when it comes to little old me, they just never suit me. I see so many people on Instagram rocking this and that so i thought i'd just have a little browse. This resulted in me making a little order. I did my usual click and collect and it arrived super quickly. As i thought most items ended up going back, however i did keep a couple of things and one of those, being this little black dress.




Every girl should have that little black dress in her wardrobe, and i think its great to have one that you know you can wear whatever the season. When i saw this online i knew it was right up my street. It is so simple but with the ruffle details its just keeps it interesting and on trend. Whats even better about this is it could be styled in so many different ways. You could pop a pair of pointed stilettos on, rock a red lip and a sequin bag and your ready for any evening event, Christmas party included, with that pop of red on your lips. You could grunge it down with a pair of converse and a leather jacket. For your work wardrobe you could pair it with a pair of loafers, (see last post here.) And with the colder months ahead pop a long sleeve tee underneath, maybe a burgundy red for a little bit of colour, some thicker tights and pair of boots and your ready to face that English winter.




* Little black dress - Missguided *

I have kept this look really simple, perfect for a day out with the girls, a meal and drinks out with friends or a date night. I have pulled the dress in at the waist to give myself a little bit of shape with my old favourite, western belt from Topshop. This little beauty just works with everything and it keeps the trendy vibe of the outfit going. 

For shoes i have paired mine with a simple pair of black boots. These are just an old pair i got from Asos last year, but i will link a couple of ideas below. Just like the little black dress, every girl needs a a pair of little black boots for all year round. The heel to the boot is just enough to keep it dressy but comfortable and they look great with everything, jeans, skirts dresses you name it.



For accessories, i have bought out another old goodie, my little Celine box bag dupe from mango and my Rayban clubmaster sunglasses. Mine are a prescription pair from boots as i am blind as a bat but you can get these anywhere these days. I love them.

* Rayban Clubmasters - Zalando *

So there you have my little spin on a little black dress, i'm sure when December hits another little black dress will be on the scene but for now this beauty is just perfect. 

Thanks for reading my lovelies. x 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig