Saturday 11 June 2016

My Current 5 Base Perfecting Products.

As i said in my skincare post a couple of days ago, i really struggle with dry skin, so i have to be extra careful with my makeup too. Ahh the life of a girl hey.
 I have found five products that i currently use to make my base and skin look as perfected as possible, without that cakey makeup look. For my day to day makeup i like to keep it as natural as possible but just inject a little life into my face.

The products? I hear you ask. well my lovelies read on to find out. 


I start by applying the No7 Skin Illuminator to my face after i have toned and moisturised. This just gives a nice glow to my skin and adds an extra boost of moisture to my face ready for the foundation to be added on top. You could definitely also use this aas a highlighter in only certain areas instead of applying it all over if you wanted.

Now its time for foundation and my current favourite is a golden oldy! Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. I first tried this about 4 years ago when a friend recommended it to me, and i instantly fell in love. Its a lightweight foundation and leaves the skin looking fresh, with that your skin but better look to it. Cheesy but true. You can definitely build it up to a medium coverage if you wanted to but i find just one little pea size amount can be stretched far and wide to cover your face. I have tried many different foudnations since this one but always find myself going back to it. Its pricey, i mean its chanel! But its definitley worth it. 

I then try to tackle my dark under eye circles and those couple of pesky spots and blemishes, and to do this at the moment, i am using the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer. This is quite new to my makeup bag, but so far i really like it. I have mine in the lightest shade to keep it super highlighting and brightening for my under eye's, and it really does do just that. Again its not very drying which is perfect for me. 

I then Want to add some colour and definition to my face and to do this i use the Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer. I hit pan on my first one about a month ago and that was it, i was straight back to boots before it ran out completely. I love this! I use it to contour my cheek bones in slightly as they are non existent, and then swirl the brush into the product and pop a little bit on all those spots where the sun would hit, to give me that 'sunkissed glow'. 

Last but not least, i like to add a little bit of blush just to give my cheeks a rosy glow. I want to invest in a high end blusher, so if you know of any good ones, please pop them below. Until then i like to use the Rimmel Lasting Finish Blusher in the colour Live Pink. I saw it in one of Tanya burr's Youtube videos and as normal her reccomendations never disapoint. Its just that perfect shade of pink to finish the look off. 

So there you have it, i have waffled on for long enough. If you know of any great foundations or of any highlighters, i definitely want to experiment more with those, then please leave them below.
Thanks for reading my lovelies x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig