Tuesday 21 June 2016

My 5 Favourite summer MAC lipsticks

I do love a good Mac lipstick. The shades are endless and your always guaranteed to find the perfect colour you want.  with that in mind it always makes it hard to pick one, or even a couple. I have managed to whittle it down into my 5 favourite summer shades. Not all of them are bright and summery but for everyday wear i like to wear something neutral. Sometimes its down to the outfit to give that pop of colour. 




 My first choice is a new addition to my lipstick collection and its 'creme in your coffee', This has already become a firm favourite of mine, I had seen it on a friend at work and knew I had to have it, It's a cremesheen formula which again is a favourite of mine, Super hydrating and dosen't dry my lips out which is always good. In terms of the colour, its a dark deep brown nude with rose tints to it and a little bit of shimmer. Super pretty and a good every day colour.


 My next pick is 'Morange'. My particular one is a special edition from one of the summer collections last year. I got it at the airport on the way to the crete on a girls holiday which it was perfect for. Its a bright orange colour. Very bright indeed, Which is why it looks perfect with a tan. Pair this with a little white dress and some sparkly sandals and you have the perfect holiday look. 
This formula is an amplified creme, very similar to the cremeshene but the colour pay off is alot stronger and pigmented. It is a beautiful shade, especially when you want something fun and bright to freshen up an outfit.

My third pick is a much loved colour and a super cult shade when it comes to Mac thanks to the Kardashians, 'Velvet Teddy' the perfect brown nude with hints of orange and beige tones. Its beautiful.  This is a matte formula. I love the look of matte lipsticks but sometimes i find them a little drying. This shade however is lovely and still moisturising with that matte finish, I like to wear this colour when i'm doing a smokey makeup eye look, together your ready to face anything.


My next shade i picked up on my way to Edinburgh, again it is part of a summer collection so i'm not sure its available anymore, but i'm sure there are similar colours around. The name is beautiful too 'painted sunset.' Its a beautiful orangey red, again super bright and even neon like  but gorgeous on the lips, and even better with a tan. It looks very similar to 'Lady Danger' another Mac lipstick I have my eye on. This again is an amplified creme, so its very pigmented and gives a real pop to the lips. 



Last but not least we have the shade 'Twig', another brown nude colour and very much Kendal Jenner inspired but beautiful all the same. It's more rose toned then 'Creme In Your Coffee' and not as dark but still lovely and i can imagine it would suit a range of skin tones. It is a satin finish lipstick, so in between a matte and a cremesheen, I do find this a little drying on my lips for all day, but on a night out this little gem is lovely.


So there you have it my five Mac summer lipsticks and what a line up we have. I would love to know your recommendations or picks, as I am always on the hunt for a new lipstick. Hope you enjoyed reading this and keep a look out on my Instagram to see these lipsticks in action while i'm on my holiday; @amyrowleyy

Thanks for reading my lovelies x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig