Thursday 2 March 2017

Amy Rowley Style - The Biker Jacket & My LFWF Experience


So after scrolling through the Zara app on my phone (a daily occurrence) this gorgeous suedette biker jacket caught my eye. The dilemma of what colour I should pick was the first hurdle after seeing it came in a baby pink shade too. It might surprise you if you saw my last blog post (here) that I chose this beautiful baby blue/grey colour to add to my wardrobe and after receiving the jacket it only seemed right that I shared it with you too. 






* Outfit * 
Jacket - Zara (pink version)
Jumper - H&M 
Jeans - Topshop
Boots- Office 
Bag - Zara (Sold out)

The classic biker jacket, is the perfect staple for any wardrobe. They return to the high street and designer market every season, with a different colour, new details or a interesting material. This particular biker jacket is part of the suede biker collection that has been around for the last couple of seasons and something I've totally been loving. I think its nice to step out of your comfort zone and choose something other then black or grey which is why I chose to go with this baby blue shade. It isn't too far away from the grey tones which means it's still easy to style and will work with most of your wardrobe. 

I wore this outfit last weekend when I went to London for the day with one of my good friends. It kept me warm in the still very breezy weather we are experiencing but I still felt stylish at the same time. As for my jumper underneath, I found this cute little number on one of my recent visits to H&M. It is very similar to a Club Monaco jumper that a few well known bloggers had been styling throughout fashion week (Lydia E Millen & Josie Fashion Mumblr) so I knew I had to pick it up once I saw it. All other items in my outfit will be linked above if you fancy having a look. 

Moving on from the outfit I wanted to quickly touch on a subject that I wasn't sure whether to bring up or not. As I mentioned earlier I went to London last weekend with a friend and we specifically went for London Fashion Week Festival. We had been excited to go for what seemed like ages and watching all the media shown throughout London Fashion Week, we had become even more eager to experience just a small part of that world. 

I think its important to talk about how things may not always seem as they are and that in fact certain hyped events might not always make you feel as you had thought. But that is okay. 

After experiencing only half an hour of the hustle and bustle of LFWF we decided that we would rather spend the day enjoying ourselves, exploring london further and being typical tourists instead of pretending to enjoy something that just wasn't our cup of tea. I wanted to enjoy the experience and could see so many others doing so but sometimes you have to accept if something isn't right. 
The overall busy nature of the event and way it made us feel, left us leaving uncomfortable and almost eager to breathe again. 

Anxiety isn't something I have really touched on before and its not something i'm overly ready to talk about now but for anyone else out there who may feel the same in these situations I just wanted to make a point of saying..ITS OKAY. Don't force yourself through something, instead remove yourself and be comfortable in your surroundings. Everyone is different and you may have the same passions but you might not like experiencing them in that shared way. 

That's enough rambling for one post, don't you think!? I hope you enjoyed my little update and outfit post, who else is seriously in love with this jacket?

Thanks for reading my lovelies x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig