Sunday 23 October 2016

Autumnal Trends - Knitwear Part 1

Happy Sunday peeps! I'm currently on a little break away with my family, a jam packed weekend with all sorts of fun, activities and a little bit of chill time. Which sometimes we all need. Its my last proper little break of the year, and also the last time i will be getting some time off work, retail at Christmas is no fun for anyone, even though i will do my best to enjoy it and also keep the posting regular. Anyway i thought i would share with you a little autumnal trend post, to get you prepped for those chilly days out and super cold evenings that have started to appear. Knitwear is the main focus for this trend and my oh my is it my favourite. What shouts autumnal, cosy and cuddable more then a  soft, thick jumper or cardi. I am a sucker for a cable knit, and once I find a style I like, I like to go ahead and buy it in every colour. Its nice to find something a little bit different then just a simple jumper so when i found this one i snapped it up quick. Its from River island on Asos. The first thing i loved about this jumper was the colour, its such a lovely burnt orange brown colour, like the colour of the autumn leaves,..Perfect! I also loved the neckline of the jumper. A lot of jumpers are high necked or just simply round neck, the v neck just makes it slightly more interesting and it allows you to keep the neck accessories interesting, while still keeping warm and snug. The detail to the arm of the jumper is also really nice its kind of like an open plait to the arm, leaving your arm to breathe and get some air, which while the sun is still shining is perfect. Wherever i go i tend to walk so by the time i reach my destination I'm all hot and stuffy with all the layers, so this works well. For the colder months you could always layer a long sleeved t-shirt underneath, maybe a stripey one to add some pattern and texture to the outfit. 




* Jumper - River Island (Asos) *

I paired this jumper with my trusty ripped denim skirt. The perfect transitional piece throughout the year, as it looks just as good in the winter with tights and boots as it does with bare legs and sandals in the summer. My one is from the Topshop petite range and is great for my very short legs. I would definitely recommend picking yourself up a denim skirt for your all year round wardrobe. Its perfect for an alternative to jeans otherwise i tend to live in them. 



* Denim Skirt - Topshop*

For my shoes I have my Gucci loafer dupes from Topshop. At £29 they are such a bargain and they go with literally everything. I did need to wear them in to begin with but they are now the comfiest things. They also come in a metallic colour which i am very tempted to pick up, as they will look great with some ripped jeans and a plain top or jumper to jazz it up. 



* Lucy Loafers - Topshop (metallic) *
Accessories i have kept it simple and just jazzed it up with my necklace from Asos, that i wore in my last post. (Link Here.) It looks lovely with this neckline, just as a choker and a layer of necklaces would too. Or for something a little bit warmer, a nice thick scarf would be the perfect accessory. I think this is a perfect weekend outfit. Great for shopping, lunch with friends, a little walk, you name it! You could wear this jumper with some black jeans and ankle boots for a more evening look if you wanted too as well. 


* Necklace - Asos *

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend, i know i have and don't want it to end thats for sure!
Thanks for reading my lovelies x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig