Monday 15 May 2017

Amy Rowley Food - The Island Stories Experience

On Thursday I was lucky enough to attend the Island Stories foodie event in Chelmsford. The event was held at Barista in Chelmsford and I was joined by a range of lovely bloggers, some of them I have been wanting to meet for a while.

Island Stories are a catering company, ideal for private dining events of 6-8 people, to much larger do's such as weddings or corporate events. The two owners, Ikram and Devon are from two far flung countries who have combined their cultures to create an incredible menu mixing Caribbean and Ceylon flavours. Although this is their specialty, Devon, also head chef for Island Stories is able to create all kinds of cuisines and dishes! It's safe to say he is a very talented man! 

The Food
We were spoilt for choice with dish after dish of incredible food! First things first we kicked off the menu by tucking into scrummy canapes! My favourite had to be the breaded tuna with chilli and coriander jam. It seemed to be the most popular choice and I can tell you now their was a firm reason to this...It was incredible. Among their canapes we also had the choice of beetroot cured salmon with dill creme fraiche, and quinoa and coriander bites.

After this scummy display we were treated to some juicy mini burgers, which were a lot more filling then they looked! Followed by a gorgeous selection of bowl foods. The favourites had to be the wild sea-bass with artichoke, preserved lemon, asparagus and fresh peas, as well as the incredible beef fillet with shitake caramel and horseradish mash; simply sublime. 

For dessert there were two options, either lemongrass panna cotta with strawberry sorbet or chocolate delice topped with passion fruit gel. The perfect combination of sweetness to the rich chocolate dessert.

It's safe to say everyone could hardly move once they had finished the entirety of  the dishes, consuming as many flavours in one setting as they possibly could.







The Outfit

For my overall outfit I wanted to go for something a little bit more formal. I have been after a pair of tailored trousers for a while so when I spotted these on the ASOS website I knew I had to have them! They go with so many things casual or smart and they fit like a dream! 

For the top half of the outfit I chose to go with this lovely lace satin camisole from H&M. It is so cute and I am in love with the lace detail. I don't normally wear black and navy together, but I think the combination actually looked really nice. 

For shoes I went with my trusty nude pointy courts and I think they just complimented the look in the right way. These are a must have in any wardrobe because they go with everything and are timeless piece. 

I kept my jewellery pretty understated for me, simply wearing a collection of  silver bracelets from Pandora and Chlobo, alongside my watch from Amsterdam that was a right little bargain at 20 Euro and my hamsa hand necklace from Accessorize.





* Outfit *
Trousers - ASOS
Cami - H&M
Shoes - Topshop (sold out)


After trying the Island Stories food and finally meeting some friendly faces from the blogging world it was safe to say I was ready for bed. 

If you are looking for a catering company for either your wedding, special event or even a birthday do, then I can highly recommend the Island Stories services. They cover Essex, London and surrounding areas. Not only will you be blown away by their beautiful food but their great personalities too. 

Thanks for reading my lovelies x 


SHARE:

3 comments

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig