Sunday 22 January 2017

kick those January blues - 'Night in' inspiration



It's official. It's wet, windy, cold and miserable, January is right on track for being one of those months you just want to curl up in a ball on the sofa and eat your body weight in food. Those January blues that everyone talks about are in full swing, with no money and no motivation to do anything. But! There is always a solution, and we can even enjoy those weekends in, scared to leave your house in less than your dressing gown. 
So, today I thought I would talk through a couple of 'night in' suggestions for you and your friends, or even you and your partner, keeping it cosy and cute this winter. 

Fondue evening 

So me and my best friend were meant to go out on Friday night, but by the time she arrived and we had settled on the sofa with a cup of tea, we weren't going anywhere. Our reasoning you ask? The cold. So instead we got our bums to Tesco and picked up all the ingredients to have a chocolate fondue, with the added luxury of a bottle of prosecco. It was perfect and right up both our streets. We got together; marshmallows, strawberries, pretzels and plenty of Cadburys. What a feast. What's more with a few glasses of bubbly and a music channel in the background, we bought the night club to the comfort of our living room...oh and let's not forget our killer outfits...(I mean pyjamas.) 



Cheese and wine night in

So while we are on the subject of food it would be rude not to mention, the main love in my life, cheese. And yes I know it's just been Christmas and every one I know may be on a diet...but one night of feasting can't hurt surely!? 
Gather together some cheeses, grapes and wine and be those sophisticated ladies (or men) you always knew you were. Your stomach will be satisfied and so will you. 

Spa Evening

As your not venturing out of the house it's only right that you prepare yourself for when you do finally hit the town again. So what perfect time then to pamper you and your friends. Start off by doing face masks and seeing how long you can keep a straight face before you both end up in stitches. Once your skin is feeling like a baby's bottom add your favourite skin care routine to the mix, by the time you wake up you'll feel like a brand new person. You can also do foot spas, and paint your nails. A little pick me up in January can sometimes be just what you need. 

Disney movie night

Now last but not least and it has to be my favourite for obvious reasons, but get everyone together and throw yourself into the Disney princess life. I've been meaning to do this for ages with the girls, but we still haven't got round to it. What better place to be, then in a movie full of princes, singing, dancing and talking animals? 
Grab some snacks of course, in my opinion cupcakes and cocktails work best for this occasion. Sit back and revel in the world of
Disney. 



I hope you like my few suggestions to help kick those January blues with a fun packed night in. Let me know if you try any of them out. 

Thanks for reading my lovelies x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig