Thursday 15 June 2017

Amy Rowley Style - Let's Talk Colour

Hey guys, it's me again, of course with a new outfit and some new ramblings that I hope are gonna make just that little bit of sense. Today I wanted to talk about the 'C' word. Noooo not that 'C' word but colour and the way you can inject different colours and shades into your wardrobe in different ways.

Now I know a number of people that seem to be afraid of wearing brighter colours and instead stick to black and white for their entire wardrobe. That is totally okay and if that's want you are comfortable wearing then go ahead, I myself am never opposed to a bit of monochrome! However I think it can be nice to be a bit more playful with your style and inject colourful pieces into your outfits. I have thought of a couple of ways that you can do this, if like many, you tend to stick with 50 shades of grey instead of wearing those brighter shades/

1. Shoes - It's summer and that means you can be overly playful with your shoe game. Use a pair of shoes to inject a bright colour into your wardrobe, by playing with red, blue or even yellow shades. Yes that's right yellow!

Yellow is going to be so big this season, from more pale shades to mustard yellow. I recently picked up this pair of mules from Primark and I absolutely love them. They just make your outfit POP! Perfect for wearing with summer dresses or as done here, with a pair of simple black jeans and white embroidered blouse. I love how the embroidery has very small accents of yellow to help pull the whole outfit together.

2. Accessories - If you still don't feel sassy enough to wear too much colour in your day to day outfits, edge yourself in slowly with a handful of accessories. Tassel earrings are really popular this season, in bright blue or red (see here.) Another way would be to incorporate a colourful bag into your look. Zara and Mango often have a great selection of good value bags that look either designer inspired or simply a lot more expensive. An example, would be pairing a red bag with an all black outfit. Perfect!!

3. Pastel Shades - If you dont want to go for a bright yellow or red, a great way of implementing colour into your wardrobe is to wear pastel shades. Sage green colours, or dusty pinks are slightly softer and not as scary, especially if you don't wear colourful items that often. By wearing pastel shades they will still work well with black, white and grey but just add that something different to your overall look. I love pale pink tones and pale blue. If you follow me on Instagram (@amyrowleyy) you will have seen me wear a baby blue suede biker from Zara to death.

4. Beauty - Last but not least, why not play with your makeup! A bright coloured lipstick or eye shadow will work just as well to create a pop to your outfit. If not, orange coloured nails are a fantastic way to introduce new shades into your summer look. This is also a really affordable way of mixing up your outfits as you can pick up a great lippie for around a fiver!








* Outfit *
Top - Zara 
Jeans - Topshop 
Mules - Primark 
Bag - Vivienne Westwood (No longer available)

These are just four simple ways of injecting some colourful pieces into your wardrobe. I hope you enjoyed this little post, what do you think of my new colourful mules?

Thanks for reading my lovelies x  





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this top!! Great tips too xx
    Liv
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Amy Rowley. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig